Information Management Strategy
Our Information Management (IM) Strategy services help you maximize the business value of your current and potential investments in IT resources, processes, and workforce as part of your overall strategic planning process. As appropriate for your desired results and budget, we offer the following IM Strategy services:
- Environmental Scan — a quick review of existing IM/IT guidance, capabilities, capacities, and high-visibility threats. This scan provides a rapid assessment of an organization’s readiness and ability to adopt or adapt a strategic approach to managing their infrastructure, IT productivity and processes, new products and services, accessibility, and security – “Art of the Possible”.
- Overview — a summary of relevant technologies available or emerging in the marketplace that may provide capabilities not previously considered. This overview is designed to stimulate strategic thinking about your functional requirements to guide durable solutions.
- Focus Area Deep Dives — an in-depth SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) to identify investment issues in key strategic areas such as IT resource planning, performance assessment, policy and organization, IM/IT leadership, interagency information sharing, or knowledge management.
Our Solution Development services help you execute your mission by deploying business application solutions that have been developed, configured, or customized to meet all of your functional requirements. USfalcon provides a dedicated team of developers, administrators, testers, writers, and trainers with appropriate experience in the technical environment as well as familiarity with your business requirements. We tailor industry best practices and maintain vendor relationships to provide an economical solution to development and life-cycle support needs. Key best practices we employ include COBIT, ITIL, RUP, the PMBOK® Guide, Lean/Six Sigma, and of course your organizational SDLC guidance.
To complement our application deployment services, USfalcon also offers:
- Change management/configuration management
- PMO and IT project management
- Technical assessments
- Records management
Governance & CPIC
USfalcon offers several Governance and CPIC services that help you conduct the stakeholder engagement and provide the organizational oversight necessary for IT performance, risk, and fiscal management.
Depending upon your desired results and budget, USfalcon offers several IM Governance and CPIC services, including:
- Segmented Enterprise Architecture (EA) Studies — development of a relatively narrow EA focused on a single business unit
- Information Assurance Management — development of a means and documentation for system accreditation against organizational security requirements
- Portfolio Management — application of tools and processes to yield a quantifiable, objective evaluation of IT application and data investment and management scenarios
- Capital Planning Case Building — development of federal, department, or agency documentation for IT capital planning and acquisition efforts
Agile Application Development
USfalcon adopted the widely popular and fast moving Agile software development approach back in 2010 to shift away from the risky and non-flexible Waterfall. Soon after the US federal government began encouraging agencies to adopt Agile. Our Navy and Civilian customers have been delighted with the many benefits inherent with Agile such as increased customer involvement, welcoming of changing requirements and the quick release of new functionality. USfalcon’s trained and expert staff, including certified Agile Practitioners and Scrum Masters, have delivered numerous high-profile systems that emerged from hundreds of sprints and thousands of user stories.
Our development process encompasses:
- Ratified Functional Requirements (User Stories)
- Product Vision and Roadmap
- Product Planning, Design, Development Activity and Integration
- Gate reviews, Code Reviews, User Acceptance Criteria and Testing
- Demonstration and Retrospect
- Adherence to Secure Software Programming, Inside Threat Program and 508 compliance
- Application Documentation, Outreach and Training
Knowledge & Case Management
USfalcon leverages its Microsoft SharePoint and Open Text Content Server design and development expertise to create organized intuitive, accessible and secure web systems that allow internal and external collaboration and the sharing of information to recognized communities. These knowledge systems can be integrated with commercial or custom-built case management systems to allow case managers to track, manage and report on their case workload. We have designed, developed, implemented and supported numerous knowledge and case management systems for DoD and Civilian Agencies to advance their organizations in the areas of:
- Document and Content Management
- Knowledge Sharing
- Centralized Information Storage
- Case Tracking and Reporting
- Automated and Streamlined Business Processes
Field Support Services
USfalcon provides system sustainment field support ensure mission success to warfighter. We support Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) and provide Post Production Software Support/Post Deployment Software Support (PPSS/PDSS) to the Warfighter worldwide for Garrison, exercise, combat operations, contingencies, and to the users of business sustainment systems.
- Configuration Management
- Knowledge Managment
- System Integration
- Tier 1-3 Technical Support
- Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Software Assurance Support